14 May 2012

Thanks, Raven

Somebody going by the handle "Raven" has just posted this review of The Running Girl on Amazon.com, giving it 5 out of 5 stars:

Wonderful Escapism May 14, 2012

By Raven

Amazon Verified Purchase


I can't believe that I'm the first person to review this book. It's a cross between the Hobbit, Harry Potter, and has elements of Star Wars. The main character, a female elf, is likable and believable. Her wonder at the Dwarven world is delightful. The writing is well done and puts you right into their world. I rarely pay more than $1 for a Kindle book but this is worth every penny, including the $6.99 that I just paid for the sequel. If you're looking to escape into another time and place then you will greatly enjoy this read. It's appropriate for young adults and adults alike.


For the record, I've been writing for scholarly purposes for more than 20 years.  I've published more than 100 papers in dozens of international newspapers and journals.  I passed my doctoral dissertation on first reading, have made presentations all over the world, and have won dozens of awards for academic work.

And I've never felt quite like this.

Thanks, Raven.  I hope you enjoy the next two.